Saturday, April 20, 2013

Whirligig - Osteospermum

Here is one of my newer flower painting done in watercolors. I have discovered Quinacradone Magenta and Permanent Rose to make brighter and cleaner reds...
Whirligig.  
 I found this beauty on one of my walks and couldn't wait to include it on the series I am doing on gardens in my neighborhood. I didn't know what species it was so I turned to the Internet for research. Their scientific name is Osteospermum, Whirligig for short.

Watercolor 14x20 inches on 140# Arches watercolor.
It showed at Blackhawk Gallery, Danville, CA from November 2012 to January 2013.

Original available...

2 comments:

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Very beautiful and alluring piece. The composition is very interesting and alluring.

Janet Groza said...

Hi Shelley, Thank you very much for your kind remarks and taking the time to look at my work. Sorry for the late response. I took some time off the internet to move so I can paint more. Please stop by and check out my new work that I will be posting soon... Be well :) - JanetG